Jamie Parson, J.D.
Prior to being named interim chief diversity officer at Appalachian State University in May 2021, Jamie Parson was an associate professor in the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance at App State, where she taught undergraduate courses in business law and insurance. In addition, she led the Walker College of Business’ Inclusive Excellence Team (formerly Diversity Advisory Team), as well as the Risk Management and Insurance diversity initiatives in the Brantley Risk and Insurance Center. She also serves on numerous boards and committees, including the university’s Diversity and Inclusion Accountability Team.
Prior to arriving at App State, she served as a Title VII investigator for the Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission and a special investigative unit liaison and fire claims representative at State Farm Insurance Co.
Parson holds a Bachelor of Science in sociology-anthropology from Nebraska Wesleyan University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Messages from the Chief Diversity Officer
- Inclusion elevates all – Aug. 26, 2021
- Recognizing our underrepresented communities – June 17, 2021
- In support of Asian Americans – March 18, 2021
- Diversity Plan updates and campus announcements – Feb. 11, 2021
- Campus leaders for inclusive excellence – Dec. 23, 2020
- Update on campus services and Accountability Team meetings – Oct. 26, 2020
- Updates from the Accountability Team – Aug. 29, 2020
- Broadening campuswide diversity, equity and inclusion knowledge – Aug. 14, 2020
- Forming a Diversity and Inclusion Accountability Team – July 25, 2020
- Retaining underrepresented faculty members – July 10, 2020
- Increasing representation among faculty and staff – June 28, 2020
- Reflecting on diversity and inclusion at Appalachian – June 19, 2020
- A message to the App State community from Chief Diversity Officer Willie Fleming – June 1, 2020