The Asian and Pacific Islander Caucus (APIC) promotes a sense of community, professional welfare and development among Asian and Pacific Islander faculty, staff and students at App State.
APIC has a four-part mission to:
- Support App State’s APIC members by sharing our experiences and building a learning community around Asian and Pacific Islander issues.
- Increase campuside awareness and understanding of App State’s Asian and Pacific Islander community through storytelling and fact-sharing.
- Educate the App State community on the broader history and culture of Asian and Pacific Islanders.
- Advocate for the fair treatment of Asian and Pacific Islanders around the world while reducing bias and misunderstanding and eradicating discriminatory actions and practices against them.
Events and Activities
APIC plans to host one meeting/social activity for our members each semester. We will promote these events on this site as well as through various university communications channels.
Stay Informed, Get Engaged
If you would like to stay informed about APIC news or participate in our activities, please contact one of our group’s leaders via email and they will add you to our APIC listserv.
- Dr. Mira Waits, associate professor and assistant chair, Department of Art email@example.com
- Lisa Krenn, catering and events specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Christina Sornito-Carter, assistant professor, Department of Anthropology, co-director, App State Ethnography Lab, email@example.com