April 29, 2021
Presenter: Dr. Susan McCracken
Related accountability review points:
- Provide resources and support for students of color in career development and better prepare them for graduate school.
- Create a listserv for Black and Brown students to receive notifications about events and support opportunities.
- Implement Mandatory Culturally Responsive training for all student affairs professionals in order to better advise and serve students.
Summary of presentation:
- The presentation shared a survey that was completed by the Career Development Center where students expressed they wished they had known about resources available to them sooner.
- Dr. McCracken discussed App State’s 12 career fairs offered this year: Lead Your Way, Inclusivity Matters, Identity Matters, Careers for Impact, Career Connector program, Career Programming for Student-Athletes, and Resources for Underrepresented Students.