Aug. 26, 2021
Presenter: Dr. Alex Howard
Related accountability review points:
- TeleHealth services that aid and support our vision of increasing accessibility to Black Medical Professionals with no student fee increase.
- Expand access to more diverse mental health providers through our expanded use of telehealth services.
Summary of presentation:
- The presentation centered on the following departments: Counseling and Psychological Services; M.S. Shook Student Health Service; and Wellness and Prevention Services.
- The content of the presentation focused on services provided by these departments, as well as a demographic breakdown of those served during the academic year 2020-21 — a year in which the overwhelming majority of services were provided via telehealth.
- Additionally, a review of existing and emerging strategies to increase diversity and representation within these departments was provided.
- App State will maintain its commitment to understanding the needs of students, providing services directly or when appropriate, facilitating an efficient and effective referral, developing and modifying policies/processes, being good stewards of student fees, and maintaining honesty and transparency.