July 21, 2020
Presenters: Chancellor’s Cabinet
Related accountability review points:
- Creation of a standing committee charged with accountable implementation of equity initiatives. This committee should consist of nine individuals including Black students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Summary of presentation:
- The Chancellor’s Cabinet held a meeting to bring together a Diversity and Inclusion Accountability Team.
- The meeting’s central purpose was to acknowledge each item in a petition to university leadership from a group called BlackAtAppState.
- Identify additional university strategic diversity and inclusion priorities.
- Present the action plan for addressing these collectively identified priorities and their broader themes.