Message from the Chief Diversity Officer
Dear App State Faculty and Staff,
I’m pleased to announce that App State will launch our first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Climate Survey for employees and students tomorrow. This survey is a great opportunity for the university to hear from every Mountaineer, so please make sure your voice is heard. EXPRESS YOSEF by completing the survey!
Participants who submit a survey will be eligible to win some great prizes, including gift certificates for local restaurants and shops, as well as App State swag, parking passes, basketball and football tickets, Dining Dollars, campus Bookstore gift cards, and University Recreation personal training sessions, group fitness classes and equipment rentals. The survey will close on March 19.
What is the survey?
App State’s DEI Climate Survey is a valuable tool that helps us better understand the perceptions of employees and students regarding their experiences at App State.
- Your responses will be anonymous. None of your personal identifying information will be collected or connected with your responses. Only aggregate results will be shared.
- The survey typically takes 15–20 minutes to complete and can be filled out on your computer or mobile device.
- We will conduct this survey once every three years, just as we do with other major surveys.
Why is App State conducting the survey?
App State is committed to cultivating and supporting a welcoming university community and an academic culture of collaboration and respect for every Mountaineer through education and inclusive practices. In fact, Advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is one of six strategic priorities in App State’s Strategic Plan 2022–2027. The DEI Climate Survey is one of the university’s most important initiatives designed to support this strategic priority.
How will App State use the survey results?
App State will analyze data collected from this survey to:
- Measure overall progress on our DEI campus climate.
- Identify the university’s strengths and areas for improvement.
- Shape our future DEI goals and programming.
I encourage you to participate in App State’s first DEI Climate Survey. Your voice can help us create a stronger sense of belonging for every Mountaineer.
Jamie Parson, J.D.
Chief Diversity Officer