The Queer and Trans Staff and Faculty (QTSAF) affinity group is a gathering of faculty and staff (EHRA and SHRA) from across the queer and transgender/LGBTQ+ spectrum at App State. QTSAF was not officially recognized as an university-affiliated affinity group until 2021, but the group has been meeting unofficially since 2009.
The mission of QTSAF is to provide community, support and advocacy for queer and transgender employees on campus while working to make App State a more inclusive space.
Events and Activities
The group hosts a variety of family-friendly events, including:
- Monthly brown bag lunches in the Plemmons Student Union;
- Monthly after-work socials at local queer-friendly establishments;
- Special events like catered lunches and socials, cookouts and tailgates, trivia nights and end-of-semester celebrations; and
- Affinity Group Socials.
If you would like to stay up to date on the group’s future events and activities, please request to join the QTSAF listserv. Engagement opportunities at this time are designed for queer and transgender faculty and staff at App State. LGBTQ+ students should refer to the Henderson Springs LGBTQ Center for support resources.
QTSAF Leadership Circle
- Jax Lastinger – email@example.com
- Elisabeth Cavallaro – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Hoffert – email@example.com
- Kristen Benson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Quattro – email@example.com
- Vanessa Evans – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Carroll – email@example.com